Saturday, June 24, 2023

Day 399-Drybar Hair Blowouts- “Hair Toss, Check My Nails-Baby How You Doing?-Feeling Good …”

 


Drybar, a California based company, has a positive mission to “provide happiness, confidence, and empowerment to people with all hair types."  I question if a good hair day can do all that but when my hair looks good, I do feel better.  This place claims to be the master of the blowout: giving you that glam hair that is seen in magazines.   I wanted to try the Drybar experience to see if would make me act out Lizzo’s song, with a “hair Toss, check my nails and feeling good ...”

Reflection

As I waited, I observed hair transformations to smooth silky, long spiral curls, flipped back and added body.  Women of all ages left looking like a better updated version of themselves.  

Entering, you are offered something to drink. I ordered a coffee.  I then spied the  other veteran patrons with sparkling wines and mimosas.  I asked, “Can I get one of those?’’  When in Rome do as they do.  I sipped my drink thinking that even if I don’t like the hair, I am bound to feel better.

Your hair is washed but there are no cuts or colors. Since I really had no place to go today, I opted for a smooth look with a little body on top and curl on the ends.

 

I think Dolly Parton is right when she said in a Vogue interview, “If I’m gonna have any looks at all, I’m gonna have to create them.”  Drybar helps you create your look.

  Appointments seem easy to get because they have so many stylist and cost $55 or $45 with a membership. The Pittsburgh Drybar is located in the South Hills. There is one in over 11  states.   

You don’t need a special occasion or reason to take time for you. You are enough. I think being post pandemic and being more seasoned has heightened  my agreement with these statements.   

I left with a little extra bounce in my hair and with a hair toss, I felt good. Next time I will try the swoopy curls.  

Other Sources

Drybar Locator 

Drybar Pittsburgh