Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Day 151 Temple Square Christmas Lights, Salt Lake City, Utah


The  New Year has arrived! A new year is a time to reflect and a time to start fresh. My entire blog is about change and fresh starts so I don’t need it to be a new year for my “do over.” Every day is a do over for me. I am also not one for New Year’s resolutions because I usually set my goals much too high which inevitably result in failure. Thus, in 2016 I am going to continue to see the silver lining in life, keeping it positive. As the psychologist, Maslow would agree, having a positive attitude in life is a characteristic of a self -actualized individual. I am keeping alive the glass half full philosophy. Therefore, I thought that I would start the new year blog with my recent visit to Salt Lake City’s  Temple  Square, where the Christmas lights filled the night. There were so many lights that I had that breathtaking “Ahh” feeling.


Temple Square, Salt Lake City, Utah

Reflection
Those Mormons sure know how to do it right when they transformed their  34 acres into a magical display of  lights.  I love Christmas lights and this year I even watched that TV show where families compete for the best light display (The Great Christmas Light  Fight) but  this light display, as Charlie Brown would say,  was about the “real meaning of Christmas.”

Story of Jesus' Birth


75 year old  Ceder 

There was a 75 year old Ceder tree that originated from the Holy Land which was illuminated  with 75,000 red lights. Apparently it is only lit every other year to protect the tree. Our timing was right because it was beautiful.

They also had a life sized Nativity and inside one of their buildings, the “Story of Jesus” was told with wall sized photos. Even the 10 degree weather did not  hinder my cheerful spirit walking through the Temple Square in Utah. Keeping Christmas lights adventures (anywhere) will stay in my survival  tool box!

Life Sized Nativity 
Spiritual Sources
God gives us a do over every morning.
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning. (Lamentations 3:22-23)
Other Sources: