Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Day 152 Ski Utah

Top of the Mountain -Alta, Utah 10,500 feet


My blog inspiration book, Everything I Need To Know I Learned From A Little Golden Book     reminds us to, “be daring” and that is just what you have to do when you are about to ski down a mountain on two long boards. When the cold weather approaches, bear like hibernation tends to occur unless you can find  some kind of outside interest and skiing is a great way to enjoy the winter. I have recently added skiing back into my life( see Day 104-Ski Again). However,  I have not been out west to ski in over 10 years so I was ready to tackle the mountains of Utah for the first time.


Drive back. Salt Lake City is in the valley of several ski resorts

Reflection
The nice thing about Utah, is that the resorts are easy to get to because they are only about 20 minutes from the airport. Also many of the resorts  are located in close proximity to each other, therefore you can venture to several places during your trip.  We went to Brighton, where kids can ski free and Alta, where the mountain is devoid of snowboarders.

Plan view of Utah
There is nothing like the view on top of the mountain where it's over 10,500 feet. When you think about it, that is the same altitude that you can open your  laptop on a plane! The massive white peaks and expansive panoramic view of the mountains resulted in  another “ahhh” moment that soon turned into an “uh-oh”  moment  as I looked down the face of the mountain. I was daring but took my time and it’s always a great feeling when you make it to the bottom look up, and know that you tackled  the mountain-don’t forget that ski lessons can help too!
Made it to the  bottom


Spiritual Reflection
Be strong and courageous!Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord is the one who goes before you. He will be with you;he will never fail you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:8

Other Sources
Brighton Ski resort http://www.brightonresort.com/